Sunday, May 16, 2010

ALICIA AND RYAN | POWELL RIVER WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

My first wedding of the year.  I'm always so excited in May when I get to kick off the wedding season.  I'm always chock-full of fresh ideas, new locations, new poses.  I'm also nervous.  I mean, I haven't done a all-day wedding since November last year...

Enter Alicia.  Not just a bride.  A photographer, too.

Alicia is amazing.  Like most photographers, details are not lost on her (which is very evident!).  Every aspect of her day was beautiful, bright and happy.  The details were amazing and her colour palette, inspiring.  Their date, Friday, May the fourteenth, had special meaning to the family: it was Alicia's grandparents' anniversary.  What a beautiful way to honour their memory.

Let's get on to the photos, shall we?


Like I said... amazing details.  Stellar shoes, handmade garter, her Mother's wedding brooch (on bouquet), the invitation with Ryan's watercolour.



Alicia was one of the calmest brides, ever.  Relaxed and happy.


Down the aisle at the historic Patricia Theatre.



Yay for the new Mr. and Mrs.!




And the bridal party brought the awesome.




Only absolutely brilliant sunshine and the bluest of skies give you images like that.




Alicia, you are beautiful.





The bling.




And, a little bubbly for the ride back to the reception...



Her sister, Sara, gave the most heart-warming speech about things Alicia had taught her.


And more amazing details: a candy table, homemade wedding cakes, wishing boards, and Alicia even set up a photobooth at her own reception!


Alicia, thank you so much for the honour of photographing your day - really, when another photographer ask you to do this - it's incredible.  I wish you and Ryan the best in love and life.  Enjoy your honeymoon!

3 comments:

Megan Elizabeth said...

Ohmigod, the one of them on the beach, with his arms wrapped around her, and her looking off into the distance--AMAZING!

cathy said...

What a great wedding! Beautifully captured!!

Nola said...

you are a beautiful Alcia. I wish you everything good.... congratulations.....

about me

I love coffee.
I love my tilt-shift lens.
I love traveling.
I love flip-flops, and wear them pretty much all year.
I love big cities, but coming home to a small town.
I love peonies.
I love chocolate, in all its forms.
I love early mornings.
I love weddings!
I love taking photos, and I'd love to take yours!

Thanks for stopping by. I also love comments - so feel free to leave a couple.